Posted on December 13 2015
Athlete: Kalynn Pepito
Clean and Jerk:205
1) What kind of athletic background did you have prior to starting CrossFit?
I played sports all throughout high school, traveling soccer league, and softball. I didn't do much after because I never found my passion until CrossFit. Been doing it for 2 years now!
2) What does your day in your life look out on average?
- Morning: Make a protein shake consisting of 1 scoop protein, 1 banana, 1 tbl almond butter, and unsweetened almond and cashew milk!
- Go to work usually around 9-3:30 ish.
- Afternoon: Lunch is usually paleo with either fish and or meat, chicken. Quinoa and a veggie of some sort.
- 5:30-7:30 Training at the gym, Metcon then heavy lifting.
- Evening: Come home eat dinner. Usually, the same thing as lunch, I meal prep for the week so lots of repeats!
3) What’s in your gym bag?
My gym bag is stuffed with my Oly lifters a pair of Nike Metcons, a lifting belt, wrist wraps, jump rope, rock tape, always have a water bottle and a protein shake to drink immediately after my workouts.
My supplements I take multi vitamins, creatine, amino energy, raw beet juice (sounds gross but actually yummy).
4) Your favorite workout, lift, movement?
My favorite workout is anything with lifting in it! My favorite lift is probably the snatch because its the most technical and feels most satisfying when hitting a new PR.
5) What motivates you?
Im pretty self driven to be better than yesterday and that keeps me motivated to be the best I can possibly be! Also, having my whole family and BF right along side me pushing me in and out of the gym (they all CrossFit)!
You can learn more about Kalynn and keep up with her on instagram: